Part Time Assistant
The Part-Time Assistant will work directly for the Hebrew Public Director of Israel Studies and Partnerships. S/he will provide key support for the Capstone Israel Trip including database creation and management, and other administrative tasks and special projects.
NOTE: The organization is in New York but the Director is in Washington, DC. While the Assistant may work remotely most of the time, she/he should be based in the DC area.
NOTE: If you are only able to commit for the current school year and then able to start up again at the beginning of the next one , that can work for this position.
- Data entry: entering and updating student and family data in several databases; keeps paper and electronic files neat and up to date
- Works with vendors (e.g. bus companies; airlines; insurance) researches and reserves buses for student trips throughout the year and for roundtrips to airports
- In consultation with Director of Israel Studies and Partnerships, complete dissemination of acceptance and award letters, and ongoing reminders to families/students
- Processing permission slips, medical waivers, and quarterly payments
- Performing continual database management/maintenance including to generate past due lists and keeping multiple databases current
- Assist applicants with technical issues regarding the submission of their required paperwork.
- Fall 2018: Prepare binders and other trip materials prior to group departure; generate weekly, bi weekly or more frequent lists of student materials; generate password protected spreadsheets for vendors (airlines, trip provider; insurance)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in a professional office setting
- Welcoming and professional demeanor with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction, ask questions, show initiative and follow-through in a fast-paced environment
- Organized with demonstrated computer proficiency in programs such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs and Excel.
- Comfortable interfacing with web-based applications especially Google Suites
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Strong work ethic and commitment to results
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse staff team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Hebrew Public, please visit www.hebrewpublic.org. Read about our work and mission: https://www.the74million.org/article/learning-to-laugh-in-hebrew-how-two-nyc-charter-schools-used-an-ancient-language-to-achieve-integration.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume to email@example.com