About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC is DC’s first and only confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat raw. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores and pop up shops throughout the DC area. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking Marketing and Sales Interns for Summer 2018 (May/June through August) to help our rapidly growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. Because we are a small and growing team, this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will have the flexibility to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business.
- Establishing new sales accounts with stores
- Finding new and creative sales platforms
- Building community partnerships
- Researching advertising opportunities
- Conducting press outreach
- Booking events
- Staffing events
- Conducting customer research
- Helping with demos and events
- Working on new and exciting projects as they come up!
- This position will require at least 20 hours per week, including occasional weekend events, with up to 40 hours available. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager. *Please do not apply unless your schedule can accommodate this requirement.*
- We value flexibility and want you to be able to work remotely at certain times. The majority of the time, we will work from Union Kitchen and/or at conveniently located coffee shops around DC. Exactly meeting locations will be determined as a team.
- Summer interns will receive a $125 stipend minimum, with the eligibility to receive a $250 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with marketing or sales from previous internships, jobs, or courses
- Are interested in expanding your skills in the areas of marketing and sales
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company