About the company:
The Cookie Jar DC is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, and cater events. We also sell our product at retail stores, farmers markets and pop up shops throughout the DC area. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City.
About the position:
The Cookie Jar DC is seeking Marketing and Sales Interns for Spring 2018 (March and April) to help our rapidly growing company acquire more exposure and opportunities. Because we are a small and growing team, this position will be trusted with a large amount of responsibility and will have the flexibility to try out new ideas that will greatly shape the direction of the business.
- Establishing new sales accounts with stores
- Finding new and creative sales platforms
- Building community partnerships
- Researching advertising opportunities
- Conducting press outreach
- Booking events
- Conducting customer research
- Helping with demos and events
- Working on new and exciting projects as they come up!
- This position will require at least 10 hours per week, and additional hours are welcomed. Exact number of hours will be agreed upon between candidate and manager.
- This can be a remote work position, although 1-2 face-to-face meetings will be required per week, either at Union Kitchen in Ivy City (accessible by car, bike, or bus) or at a mutually agreed upon place (i.e. a coffee shop).
- Ideally, the candidate will be able and willing to work at Union Kitchen, but that is not required. Union Kitchen is a commercial kitchen and food incubator full of DC’s small food businesses producing and collaborating. It will certainly be a more robust internship experience if you are able to work there.
- Spring interns will receive a $50 stipend minimum, with the eligibility to receive a $100 stipend based on performance.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Have a strong work ethic and excel when working independently
- Love food and especially cookie dough
- Have experience with marketing or sales from previous internships, jobs, or courses
- Are interested in expanding your skills in the areas of marketing and sales
- Pay attention to detail
- Can guarantee the required hours each week
- Have a great attitude and are excited about being part of a small and growing company