The Workroom Cooperative, a new coworking space in Spring Valley (near AU), seeks a very special 30 hour a week Assistant to the Owner. Hours are somewhat flexible but ideally should closely match a noon to 6:00 Monday-Friday schedule.
Personality and Appearance:
The Business Assistant will work with a highly educated and affluent clientele and so must present him or herself similarly. The Assistant should be detail-oriented, work efficiently and have a tidy, professional appearance.
Essential Skills & Responsibilities:
- Answer members’ and prospective members’ questions both in person and via email.
- Keep the cowork space well-stocked and organized.
- Must be a safe driver (a car can be provided) to run errands for the cowork space and for the owner, in general. This is an essential skill to the job. Only good drivers should apply.
- Very basic Excel spreadsheet skills for tracking membership, invoicing, registration and enrollment in classes and workshops.
- Assist with the details of hosting workshops and events including shopping, tracking attendance and payments, setting up for parties, helping to move light-weight tables and chairs to set up for speakers.
- Basic Word document preparation skills.
- Willingness to check email regularly. Responses must be prompt.
- Excellent social media skills (Instagram and Facebook, primarily) to promote the business, its events and its members.
- Willingness to learn, on the job, the basics of software such as Square (invoicing), Weebly (website design), Acuity (scheduling), Canva (graphic design) and Quickbooks. These skills can be taught by the owner, as long as the candidate is willing to learn.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being around working parents, entrepreneurs, small business owners, teleworkers and working on a small team. S/he should enjoy variety in her work, be flexible, extremely reliable and have a pleasant, happy outlook on life. This position is available immediately and begins at $15/hour and will increase to $20 per hour after the first month.
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send a one-page resume and a photo to:
Sharon Amorosi, PhD
Owner, The Workroom Cooperative