About the company:
The Dough Jar (formerly The Cookie Jar DC) is a local DC confectionery that makes ready-to-eat gourmet edible cookie dough—straight from the mixing bowl and safe to eat. Our mission is to make the dream come true of eating cookie dough right out of the jar (the way we prefer it, let’s be honest), one spoonful at a time. We deliver, ship nationwide, cater events, and wholesale to stores. We produce out of Union Kitchen in Ivy City and sell at Pop Up Shops.
About the position:
The Dough Jar is looking for friendly, organized and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and staff our Pop Up Shop located at 1817 7th St NW in Shaw. We are open daily at 3:30pm, and shifts are as follows:
- Sunday through Thursday: 3:00-8:30pm
- Friday and Saturday: 3:00pm-10:30pm
This is a part-time position, and team members will be scheduled based on their availability.
- Arriving on time and setting up pop up space.
- Working the cash register to ring up customers.
- Assembling orders for Pop Up Shop customers and delivery orders.
- Managing six on-demand delivery tablets (i.e. UberEATS, Postmates)
- Speaking about the company and answering questions about the product, company and menu in an articulate and confident way.
- Deconstructing the Pop Up Shop at the end of the night and cleaning the space.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and being friendly and welcoming to all customers.
You’re a good fit for this position if you:
- Maintain a positive attitude and be welcoming to all customers
- Multitask and stay organized
- Show up on time to all shifts and ensure the store opens and closes on time
- Learn a Point of Sale system
- Have previous experience working in retail on a cash register or with inventory preferred, but not required